February is National Sweet Potato Month Celebrating the most nutritious vegetable in the world!
The top 2 health benefits of sweet potatoes are antioxidants and blood sugar regulation.
Stay tunes for more sweet potato nutrition nuggets. In the meantime, use the recipe below to add sweet potato pancakes to your menu.
2 cups rolled oat (or oat flour)
1 cup almond milk
1 cup sweet potato purée
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon celtic salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Process/grind oats in a grinder, food process or high speed blender
- Add oats and all other ingredients to the food processor or high-speed blender. Process/blend until smooth. Set aside while you preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour batter into skillet, ½ – 1/3 cup at a time, fill with as many pancakes as fit comfortably fit.
- Cook on each side on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes. Flip when the center starts to bubble.
- Top the pancakes with maple syrup and berries to taste.